Why am I called PAPA FRISBEE?
Is it because I'm a great Ultimate player?
no. I'm actually quite slow.
Is it because I play a lot of highly competetive disc?
no. I like to play competativly, but am too slow to play for Ring.
Is it because I've been playing Ultimate a looong time?
no. I mean, I HAVE played a long time, but that's not why.
SO WHY IS IT?
- I'm older than most people I play with.
- I'm more enthusiastic than most people I play with.
- I'm eligible for a Masters team no matter which age limit they choose.
- I'm a big fish in a small pond.
- I'm a grandfather.
- I can tell the young players "I'm old enough to be your father. You look familiar, what's your Mom's name?"
- Someone gave me the nickname and it stuck.
I must give apologies to Papa Sneeekys (Chris Burden)who is and shall remain the Papa.
Please consider imitation to be the sincerest form of flattery.
Actually, my nickname used to be Mr. Natural